Sisterhood

Photo by Flannery Underwood
Sisterhood, in the sense of healthy female relationships, is not something I thought much about as a child. But as I get older and more aware of people I encounter, the topic of female relationships is something I think about often. Too many times in my professional and personal life I've encountered women who thought it was perfectly acceptable to cut down, embarrass, judge, steal the ideas of, or step over other women in order to get to where they need to go.

Although I am not perfect and I am sure there is someone out there I've hurt as well, I want to take an active role in combating the cattiness that society has taught us is completely normal. IT IS NOT NORMAL. It is not normal to think that any woman who walks into the room is a threat to who you are and what you have.
Photo by Flannery Underwood
With this in mind I created 12totwo, an intimate brunch experience for women, intending to start conversations, facilitate meeting new people and create stronger bonds in the female community. My number one goal is to create a space free of judgment. A space where you can celebrate being a woman without fear of shame of any kind. A space for us to share our stories. Another goal of mine was to facilitate new bonds. I am not expecting anyone to become besties after one brunch but I do expect someone to start a conversation with someone new, hopefully learn something new, and go home feeling like they were a part of a special experience.
Goodies ft. jewelry ByChari- Photo by Flannery Underwood
 This past Sunday I hosted the first brunch of the year and entertained 16 women in my home with catering by Kitchen Bongou. Previous brunches were at restaurants but I thought that hosting in my home would be the best way to foster an intimate and communication-friendly environment. I am so pleased with the turn out! I decided to share a few photos of the event, courtesy of Flannery Underwood.
Photo by Flannery Underwood
Photo by Flannery Underwood
Photo by Flannery Underwood


Post a Comment