Current Go-To-Makeup

Simple, a little shiny, and easy to apply are the key characteristics I look for when packing my in-purse makeup bag. Here is a look at my current faves!

  1. NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss (Tiber) - My amazing, fantastic, and awesome sister gave me this lip gloss as part of my Christmas gift along with other NARS products. At first I was like, "Yaaassssss, NARS," and then I was like, "Yaaasssss, nude!" She then quickly informed me that this lip gloss has a cool undertone which will make my teeth look whiter- BONUS! I've been wearing a lot of bold lip colors lately so this nude lip gloss is a nice change. Needless to say, I love this product - not too sticky and just enough to make my lips look yummy. 
  2. ColourPop Cosmetics Super Shock Eyeshadow (Thirsty Girl)- I love anything gold! I would probably bathe in metallics if I could. Ok, maybe I wouldn't. But you get the point! This shade of deep deep bronze mixed with gold metallics makes my heart sing. It's not too bold for daytime and it doesn't fall flat at night. The color pay off is great and I use my fingers to apply it. Everything about this eyeshadow screams ease!
  3. Doll 10 Hydragel Cream Blush- I can't sing the praises of this blush enough. I've mentioned it in a couple of videos now (Easy Eye Makeup Tutorial, Romantic Makeup Look) and, believe it or not, I'm still using the same compact. So not only is this blush long-lasting, but it also has a beautiful, natural, sheer finish. Another added bonus with this blush is that you only need clean fingers to apply it, which means less things to lug around in your purse. (For added drama I use the cream blush as a base and apply a bronzy metallic powder blush on top.)
  4. Laura Geller GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara - This mascara is on its last lap but I continue to scoop the life out of it. I will just let this picture speak for itself. 
  5. Smashbox Brow Tech Gloss Stick (Dark Brown) - I literally just started using this brow stick and I'm questioning my sanity. It's that good! Even though I like my Anastasia of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, it does not make a good travel companion. The Smashbox brow stick is not only easy to carry but it also has a sheer and smooth finish. I tend to have a very heavy hand so a sheer application for a eyebrow product is a lifesaver. 
  6. Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer (Toffee)- I must preface this by saying that I do not believe this is the best concealer for hiding dark circles. However, when I mix it with a color corrector, my discoloration vanishes. But let's be honest, sometimes ain't nobody got time for that. With that being said, I love the blend-ability and smooth texture of this concealer. I'll take ease over perfection any day. 
What are you carrying in your purse? Let me know in the comments below!

Post a Comment