Coffee and Inspiration

This morning I woke up feeling very groggy and exhausted. I instantly became nervous that the vigor for life that I felt just 2 days ago was beginning to fade away. With all the energy I could muster after flipping through my social media feeds and writing in my journal, I made breakfast, showered and watched a few YouTube videos. I was really hoping that these things would give me the energy I needed to attack my day like a mad woman, but to no avail.

Luckily I remembered that I am back in DTLA and my favorite coffee shop is just around the corner. I must note that I do not drink coffee for a picker upper but rather for the taste. I actually enjoy fabulous tasting coffee. So with this in mind I was sure that nothing would make me feel as excited as sipping on a caramel americano made by the boys at Spring for Coffee!

Upon arriving at the shop I bumped into a neighborhood friend, Ian, he is not only awesome but he's also the editorial director for a new DTLA magazine called Get Down Town. After the usually pleasantries, he showed me the magazine and we quickly went down the road of ideas and creative talk. This made me so giddy.

Once the convo was over and I collected my coffee, sat outside, plugged in my headphones to listen to Pat Flynn and stared at the beauty that is DTLA. Feeling immediately inspired and grateful I thought to myself, "look what you would have missed if you stayed home."


Post a Comment